Friday, December 14, 2007

3 1/2 Days Without Power!

Boy! 3 1/2 days without power sure puts your priorities in order! We got by with a gas stove, gas hot water and a gas fireplace. What would we do without gas?? But I missed my TV, reading by lamp and my sewing machine. Your whole day is spent trying to figure out how you're going to stay warm and what you're going to eat. Makes me appreciate how difficult the homeless have it.

Now to get back to life as usual. I have one more new pattern to get out and I'll be done with that for the year. Next week our daughter is having a hysterectomy so we'll be at her house helping with Cameron. He's 4 now and a handful. But what a blessing he is, too!

Hope your days are not too hectic. Be sure to slow down and enjoy the season, too. Blessings to all---

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

Glenna, welcome to the blog world. I just started mine, too. Come and see me. I have bought so many great feedsacks and patterns from you over the years. My daughter loved my latest gift I got from you. Merry Christmas.